Locate this job
Job Category: Physician Assistant
Opportunities with MinuteClinic include a variation of full-time, part-time and weekend schedules in all of our clinics, ranging from 20 - 40 hours a week.
Inside the ClinicWorking autonomously, MinuteClinic Physician Assistants (PA) conduct physical assessments, perform and interpret diagnostic tests, diagnose and treat common conditions, provide screenings, interventions, counseling, and prescribe medications as needed to patients in specified age categories. Provide accurate assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common family illnesses for patients over 18 months (24 months in MA).
- Help patients manage their well-being with vaccinations and patient education
- Ensure patient information, visit history, refer outs, lab follow-up, phone calls, and consults are carefully and completely documented in the EMR
- Identify opportunities within local communities for development of outreach activities
- Daily use of computer, software programs (EMR), printer, scanner, and credit/debit card equipment
- Develop a close working relationship with store manager and pharmacist at the clinic location
- Perform non-clinical tasks as required (e.g. reporting, vaccination temperature management, maintain clinic appearance)
- Complete financial responsibilities pertaining to customer payments
- Willing to travel to other local MinuteClinic locations when necessary
BENEFITS: Aside from a variety of schedule options, MinuteClinic offers competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits plan, including a 401k match CME reimbursement, tuition reimbursement for further education and incentive programs.
TRAINING:We are officially accredited by the ANCC as a nursing continuing education provider! At MinuteClinic, you will have the tools, training and resources needed to provide expert health care to those in need and educate your patients to live healthier lives.
GROWTH: By managing your own clinic you will develop business administrative skills which can lead to various internal growth options, such as our clinic managers, who are consistently hired from within!
SUPPORT:MinuteClinic offers its practitioners an environment of supportive autonomy. Our clinic leaders and collaborating physicians are always available for consultation, mentorship and support. In addition to our electronic medical records (EMR) system which, supports our use of evidence-based practice. Required Qualifications:
- Current PA license in applicable state
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Passion for the MinuteClinic concept and vision
- Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Outstanding organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Ability to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
- Ability to consistently present a friendly, welcoming, and professional public-facing appearance
MinuteClinic is the largest provider of retail health care in the nation and continues to be reaccredited by The Joint Commission. MinuteClinic's unique structure and approach to health care offers a rewarding alternative to the traditional patient care practice, focused on autonomy, empowerment, education and evidence-based patient care. MinuteClinic operates the most retail clinics in the nation and is partnered with some of the largest health care systems in the country!
With MinuteClinic, you have the unique opportunity to manage your clinic and treat your own patients, in an autonomous environment, always knowing you have the support of your colleagues, managers and collaborating physicians, behind you. Led by our expert clinicians and guided by our evidenced based practices, MinuteClinic moves the treatment of common illnesses forward and provides the high-quality care you might expect from traditional patient care settings.
CVS Caremark is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Caremark
Apply on company website