DCH Montclair APC
ACCOUNTANT – Accounting Processing Center, General Accounting Dept
Accountant – General Accounting
We are seeking a self-motivated and highly qualified accounting professional to join our
team at Montcliar APC.
Lithia Auto Stores embodies a unique blend of talent, leadership, and professionalism in a culture that embraces our Core Values of Earn Customers for Life, Take Personal Ownership, Improve Constantly, and Have Fun. Maximize your potential with one of the largest and most successful retail automotive teams in the nation!
We were named one of the 100 fastest growing Fortune 500 companies and we have exciting plans for our future… come join us
As an accountant you will be responsible for a corporate entity and ensure that all transactions are accounted for in accordance with GAAP as well as perform consolidated inter-company billings for diverse and varied processes. You'll process month-end close including the review of reconciliations and month-end balances and research of income statement variances. Last but not least, you'll play a key role in month-end, quarter-end reporting and year-end audits and quarterly reviews with external auditors.
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one's own time
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CPA or candidate eligible for the CPA exam desired.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver's license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
Apply on company website