Locate this job
Are you looking to develop your career in retail? If you love merchandising, sales and the excitement of a hands on retail position, check into becoming a Dollar General Store Manager in Training. We're one of the fastest growing discount retail companies in America with more than 9,200 neighborhood stores in 35 states. We offer tremendous career growth opportunities for our employees that get results. Begin a career with a company that is growing by hundreds of stores a year. We believe much of the success of our phenomenal growth is our commitment to developing our employees' potential. We are committed to building our company with upbeat, talented, motivated persons who will move us toward our mission of "Serving Others".
In this position you will work on:
- Assisting in recruiting and staffing a store team.
- Assisting with store merchandising by staging, stocking and placing merchandise in storage
- Providing customer service leadership
- Participating in store opening and closing activities
- Completing all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
- Managing the store in store manager's absence
- Ensuring proper cash handling and register procedures, key control and company security practices.
You will participate in a 2-week training program that may require out of town travel.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a retail environment.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Apply on company website