Job Duties Responsibilities GEICO seeks an experienced insurance defense Attorney and PIP Attorney for its Ft. Lauderdale, FL Staff Counsel Office, which defends GEICO insureds in third party cases and GEICO in first party cases in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
As a GEICO Attorney, you will:
* Researching laws
* Preparing legal briefs, opinions and memoranda
* Renders opinions on liability, damage and case values as requested by the Claims
* Conducts and defends Depositions and Examinations Under Oath
* Defend by trial or pre-trial proceedings, all litigations as assigned Candidate Qualifications * FL Bar membership in good standing
* 0 to 2 years of PIP litigation experience required
* Excellent organizational skills and computer skills (MicroSoft OFFICE) are essential
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
* Strong communication About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on company website