This Position is Offered in the Following Location Chevy Chase, MD
Job Duties & Responsibilities This career track is well suited for computer science, computer engineering, and information systems majors.
Are you graduating with a technical degree, but looking for a company that will help develop you into a business leader? If you answered yes, then our Emerging Leaders program may be a great place for you to launch your career.
As an Emerging Leader in the Information Technology track, you'll make real contributions to GEICO's bottom line, while interacting with senior executives and associates at all levels. This highly selective program will teach you the ins and outs of our industry-leading company. We'll support your professional development while you gain hands-on technical and management experience.
During this three-year program, you'll learn our business by working on projects, attending business meetings, leading teams, and rotating through our Information Services, Systems Operations, and Internet Business departments. Projects you could work on include database upgrades and business analyses, development and design, new application rollouts, data migration and project management. Technologies we currently use include Java, C++, VB.net, Oracle, UNIX, J2EE and SQL.
When you finish your program, you'll be ready for a future with enormous potential! Our goal is to place you in a position of significant responsibility within the technology-operations of our company.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related field
- Master's degree and MBA graduates are encouraged to apply
- At least a 3.5 overall GPA in undergrad and graduate studies
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- High level of dependability
- Desire to one day become a manager
- Willingness to relocate
- Permanent U.S. work authorization
Apply on company website