Job Description Key Position Details GEICO seeks an experienced Legal Secretary to join the GEICO Staff Counsel Subrogation Office in Richardson, TX. Successful candidate will assist attorneys in subrogation/civil litigation matters. Responsibilities will include:
- Answers telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner.
- Process incoming mail.
- Review referrals from claims and enters information into legal software program for creation of electronic suit file.
- Enters data into legal software application to ensure proper and timely notification of past and pending court appearance and deadlines.
- Assists Attorneys and Paralegal with clerical duties.
- Prepare pleadings, discovery, and correspondence using legal software applications.
- Filing court documents and monitoring case dockets.
- Office administration duties, such as scheduling, maintaining the office calendar, file organization, diary entries, and gathering case-related records.
- Communicating with GEICO customers and the Claims department.
- Adheres to attendance standard.
- Manually box up closed files for storage.
- 0 to 5 years of related legal secretary experience.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Subrogation, insurance defense or personal injury experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of e-filing procedures preferred.
- Must type at least 50 wpm.
- Exceptional computer skills and proficiency using MS Word.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize caseload.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing, speaking, bending, reaching and standing.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and a mouse
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to access and utilize multiple pieces of office equipment that may require simultaneous use.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner in person, via telephone and email.
Apply on company website