Locate this job
Job Duties Responsibilities Staff Counsel seeks a managing attorney for the Macon, Georgia office. Under general supervision, will manage all Staff Counsel office activities relating to the defense of lawsuits against GEICO insureds in liability suits and on behalf of GEICO in subrogation and UM/uim suits filed in courts of limited and unlimited jurisdiction. Candidate Qualifications * Must be licensed to practice law in good standing in Georgia
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in personal injury litigation as the attorney with the primary trial responsibility for cases of moderate severity and complexity.
* Experience in Georgia law is strongly preferred.
* Must be able to manage and have administrative responsibility for at least one attorney and associated support staff
* Must be able to travel as required to attend trials, hearings, depositions and management meetings
* Must be able, with or without accommodation, to perform the essential functions which include but are not limited to thinking (concentrating, focusing, assimilating info.),
reading, writing, listening, typing, speaking, bending reaching, lifting and standing
* Must be able to use keyboard and mouse
* Must be able to multi-task
* Must be able to access and utilize multiple pieces of office equipment
* Must be able to communicate in a professional manner
* Must be able to demonstrate successful performance in handling primary trial responsibility for cases of moderate and severe complexity How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later. About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Apply on company website