Locate this job
Job Duties Responsibilities At GEICO, analytics are fundamental to our business. Complex analysis underlies every major decision and is an essential component of our unique strategic vision. Analytics have and continue to be GEICO’s hallmark in the competitive auto insurance industry.
As a Modeling Analyst, you will apply data-mining, statistical and advanced modeling techniques to a myriad of types of data on a daily basis. You will be responsible for looking creatively at complicated business problems and developing innovative solutions, which you will then present to senior management.
From day one, your work will have an impact, forming the basis for truly transformative solutions. If you have a passion for problem-solving and you’re interested in making a real contribution at the fastest growing auto insurer in the U.S., then a GEICO Analytics career may be the right fit for you!
We offer a variety of positions to build your own career path and develop a well-rounded view of the business. Here are just a few of the functions that our Modeling Analysts perform:
• Build complex models to segment customers by risk profile
• Understand and more accurately predict customer behavior
• Develop tools to identify potential underwriting fraud
• Evaluate new sources of data for use in modeling insurance risk Candidate Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Decision Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance, Economics or related field
• At least a 3.0 overall GPA
• Demonstrated experience performing statistical analysis on large, complex datasets
• Advanced quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail-oriented and able to work under deadlines
• 1-3 years previous work experience in an analytical or programming role
• Master’s or other advanced degree Salary Information $50,000 - $66,000 dependent upon experience, advanced degree or certification. How To Apply Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later. About GEICO Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process. Internal Use Only #LI-POST1 ind123, dbt, gdoorit #LI-POST
Apply on company website