Job Duties & Responsibilities
GEICO and the Systems Operation Department is looking for a highly motivated candidate to serve as the Windows Infrastructure Engineer for the Windows Infrastructure Systems (WIS) team. The Windows Infrastructure Engineer will provide level-3 support to GEICO's Windows, Linux, and virtual server infrastructure. The Windows Infrastructure candidate must have solid background in systems administration, automation, and technical writing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support 4000+ physical and virtual Windows Servers across geographically disperse data centers.
- Support VMware and Hyper-V infrastructure.
- Support Cisco UCS and HP Bladesystem Infrastructure.
- Work with application teams to gather requirements and architect solutions
- Evaluate, write up, and plan implementation of new technologies.
- Automate existing and new processes through the use of orchestration and scripting.
- Develop and publish documents and procedures for GEICO's hardware, virtual, and physical hardware.
- 24x7 On-Call support for production systems
- Over two years experience of .NET programming and/or Windows scripting
- Experience with Windows Servers and Virtualization Technologies
- Experience with Cisco UCS based Infrastructure
- Experience with VMware vCenter and vSphere or Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager and
Hyper-V in a large infrastructure
- Knowledge of Server hardware and technologies (Rack/Blade/UCS)
- Strong understanding of Networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, sub netting, TCP/IP)
- Strong scripting or programming background
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field or IT related course load and working towards a degree
- Over 3 years Systems Administration experience
- Industry Certification (Microsoft/VMware) is a plus, but not required#LI-POST DBT
Apply on company website