Search for More JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Kingston General Hospital Kingston, ON
VON Canada Belleville, ON
VON Canada London, ON
Location: Kingston, Canada
Application Deadline: None
Type: Not specified
Career Level: Entry Level
Salary Range: Not specified
Number of Jobs: 1
Relocation Available: No
Electronics Technologist - Radiotherapy Treatment
Applications are being invited to fill an electronic technologist position in the Medical Physics Department of the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario at the Kingston General Hospital.The cancer program operates four dual energy and one single energy Varian linear accelerators (a Truebeam, a Trilogy, two Clinac 2100ix's, and a 600Ex), GE and Philips CT simulators, an Xstrahl Gulmay superficial unit, and a full Aria/Eclipse radiation oncology information systems/treatment planning environment. This is supplemented by a Nucletron/Flexitron high-dose-rate brachytherapy treatment unit and Oncentra planning systems. A T780 cobalt unit is available for a focused cobalt therapy research program within the medical physics department. The electronic technologist will join two other members of an accelerator service group that provides regular and emergency repair service to the radiotherapy treatment linacs and the Orthovoltage and Cobalt units at KGH. Radiotherapy equipment service includes diagnosing problems, effecting repairs, implementing and performing preventative maintenance routines, and general equipment testing. The successful candidate will also be assigned clinical duties which may include quality assurance and program support. The successful candidate will work in a KGH team with 6 Medical Physicists, two Physics Technologists and, occasionally, with personnel from equipment manufacturers. Qualifications for the position include:
- Electronic Technology/Engineering diploma from a community college or equivalent,
- Minimum one year relevant experience in troubleshooting and repair of radiation therapy equipment
- Knowledge of radiotherapy clinical applications and networking
- Demonstrated analytic skills with the ability to diagnose and repair equipment malfunctions
- Mechanical aptitude and a high degree of interest
- Enthusiasm, and commitment to high quality patient care.
- Experience with Varian equipment is preferred.
- Candidates should also have good verbal and written communication skills, and a strong interest in working with a multidisciplinary medical team.
Apply on company website