Search for More JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
BNSF Railway Alliance, NE
Aerotek Omaha, NE
Kelly Services Lincoln, NE
Locate this job
Location: Seward, NE
Application Deadline: None
Type: Full time
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Salary Range: Not specified
Number of Jobs: 1
Relocation Available: No
- Establish weld setup procedures and parameters relating to specifications and restrictions, material processes, pre and post heating requirements involving the use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex heating requirements to guide production and welding personnel. This will involve resistance spot welding, resistance seam welding, Mig welding of 409, AL409, CRS and a variety of other ferrous alloys.
- Manage and maintain the weld power supplies for our robotic, manual, and automatic welders.
- Assistance with destructive and non-destructive testing and metallographic tests.
- Coordinate personnel in testing welds for conformance to national code and company requirements.
- Lead the plant efforts to determine root cause and eliminate Mig weld pin holes and porosity to reduce weld related downtime, scrap and rework. Troubleshoot and make changes to weld fixturing as required.
- Train and coordinate technical personnel in testing welding personnel for certification.
- Evaluate new developments in the welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production process.
- Conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing welding equipment, develop new welding equipment, develop new welding methods, techniques, and procedures, and modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures.
- Prepare technical reports summarizing the result of research and development and preventative maintenance investigations.
- Contact engineering personnel, personnel of other agencies, or clients to exchange ideas and information or to offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- Perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials. Provide continuous improvement by utilizing six sigma methodologies.
- Manage the Caterpillar expectations for their 7-step weld requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years as a Weld Engineer or related experience
- Able to troubleshoot and make changes to weld fixturing
- Knowledge of manufacturing, fabrication and assembly processes, with program management and project introduction experience.
- Able to read blue prints
- Experience with CAD
- Strong knowledge of Geometrical dimension and tolerance
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven history of problem solving in an environment involving welding, gas cutting, and machining
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to support multiple shifts and adjust work schedule to plant needs.
Apply on company website