hey! we see you… a bright, talented, caring person that wants a retail career with MORE but "more what" exactly??
more caring…a community whose sole mission is to help our customers with health & well being
more impact…knowing everyday YOU made a difference in someone's life
more learning…we want you to learn so we pay for knowledge. the more you learn, the more you earn!
we are on the lookout for someone special to fill the MOST important role in our company, our Health Enthusiasts. Health Enthusiasts carry out the Vitamin Shoppes mission every single day in our stores, to support our customers on their personal journeys to better health.
the MUST haves…
1- a knowledge seeker with a can do attitude, and a big heart
2- not be afraid of a little register action & product sampling
3- share our passion for healthy living
4- care for our customers so they will leave our store, not only with a full bag but, also feeling they took a positive step on their journeys of health and wellness.
our part of the deal…
1- a healthy discount on our amazing products
2- the opportunity to advance within our great company
3- commitment to investing in your learning
4- continual feedback to help you learn and grow
Well, what are you waiting for? If you think you have the chops to be a Health Enthusiast at The Vitamin Shoppe we want to hear from you!
This position is responsible for providing an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service focus) to customers and performing operational duties that drive sales through product knowledge, merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties. The Store Manager leads and manages a store to meet or exceed financial goals in a manner that is consistent with our Branded Customer Experience. The Store Manager recruits, trains and builds a team of highly qualified Health Enthusiasts (Part-Time, Full-Time, Keyholder, ASM) through active and strategic recruiting and internal succession planning. The store manager represents The Vitamin Shoppe Inc. brand to our customers. This position supports the environment of health and wellness that The Vitamin Shoppe Inc. represents.
- Establishes models and reinforces an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service) through proper engagement and selling techniques in order to achieve or exceed financial goals set for the store including sales plan. Actively seeks information to understand customers' circumstances, expectations and needs.
- Use product information and available resources to educate customers and assist them in making product selections that are right for them. Delivers friendly and prompt service to minimize customer wait time and maximize availability.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with customers and co-workers that fosters a positive work environment, embraces diversity and supports the culture including health, wellness and nutrition.
- Promotes growth and sales by creating and maintaining internal/external community outreach relationships within the local community. Establishes an active sampling regimen through customer engagement.
- Builds and develops a succession plan including Assistant Store Managers, Key Holders and Health Enthusiasts (sales associate) who can achieve goals and objectives. Ensures that opportunities for development are available; offers assistance to help individuals overcome obstacles to learning. Prepares and delivers performance reviews; creates goals and implements learning plans to develop each team member.
- Coaches and counsels all team members on performance issues, taking appropriate corrective action in partnership with District Manager and Field Human Resources Manager in accordance with company operational guidelines.
- Create schedules based upon workload planning and business needs. Manages payroll to established budget. Allocates appropriate amounts of time for completing own and others' work; avoids scheduling conflicts; develops timelines and milestones.
- Executes and maintains operational, promotional and visual/merchandising standards and initiatives, ensuring that the Vitamin Shoppe Brand and company are well represented. Ensures execution of inventory management processes including product rotation, the return of market withdrawals, documents damages and expired product, completes cycle counts, zero on hand and annual physical inventory process. Completes shipment processing in accordance with company standard.
- Effectively prepares the store; cleans store, shelves and recovers products. Prepare for and set monthly sales promotions, ensuring a compelling presentation to the customer.
- Protects and maintains company assets and resources to include inventory accuracy, fixtures and physical plant. Maintain the confidentiality and security of sales records and operational reports. Ensures work environment is safe for both customers and associates. Manages expenses with budget.
- Maintains effective communication and partners with District Manager, Regional Director, Field Human Resources Manager and Customer Support Center (CSC).
- Operate the cash register and prepares customer transactions and receipts efficiently. Fully understands register functions, opening and closing procedures and can balance the cash registers at the end of each shift or as scheduled. Adheres to and executes bank deposit process.
- Effectively communicates and brings to life the company vision, values and sales goals at daily meetings. Provides timely feedback on goals and initiatives. Fosters and actively participates in donation drives as determined by the CSC.
- Follow management direction in completing other duties as required.
- Flexibility to work in another location depending on the company's business needs.
- Assistant Store Mangers, Key Holders, Full Time Health Enthusiasts, Part Time Health Enthusiast
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Supplement knowledge or education is preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with retail sales, merchandising programs and procedures and the competitive retail environment.
- Knowledge of retail industry.
- Experience in or personal passion for the health, wellness, and nutrition industry.
- 3-5 years of experience in a retail store manager position.
Skill and Ability:
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to drive sales
- Supervisory and leadership abilities.
- Interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- Computer skills
- Valid Driver's License
Apply on company website