· This position requires the ability to work well with all types of patients from pediatrics to geriatrics. The physician must possess a professional demeanor and positive attitude. This position requires effective communication skills and the ability to work calmly under stressful conditions within time constraints.
· The physician must be willing and able to closely supervise mid-level providers to ensure consistent quality medical care and also, when time permits, continue providing them with ongoing medical education and experience.
· The physician must be willing to travel to Urgent Care sites in order to provide coverage and supervision of mid-levels.
· The physician will be required to achieve patient satisfaction scores measured by surveys and reported monthly.
· Must be a graduate of a Physician educational program accredited by the Association of American Medical Colleges
· Board Eligible or Board Certified in Emergency Medicine or Family Practice with appropriate experience. If Board Eligible must successfully certify within 1 year of employment
· Possesses and maintains an unrestricted license to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and/or West Virginia
· Possesses and maintains an unrestricted DEA license to prescribe in Virginia and/or West Virginia
· Must be willing to work in all VH UC/OH/QC clinics; carry licenses that allow for the capabilities; and be flexible with last minute assignments
· Knowledgeable in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development
· The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, and interpret the appropriate information needed in order to provide care for the age group of patients serve
· ACLS Certified
· Must supervise and sign prescriptive authorities for mid-level providers and enhance their medical knowledge and experience
· Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills to work smoothly and productively with patients as well as administration, nursing, and medical staff members
· Maintains and provides proof of CME requirements as put forth by the Virginia Board of Medicine.
· 90-day notice of resignation is required as specified in provider contract
· Criminal Background checks (as applicable to state) include:
· VA State Police
· 3rd party Background Check
· WV State Police Fingerprinting
Apply on company website