The TPC works under the office manager (OM). The TPC facilitates scheduling and payment of proposed dental treatment plans as defined by providers. The TPC presents payment options to patients. The TPC ensures all patient clinical and financial concerns and questions are answered so that a patient is well informed in making their oral health decisions. The TPC will also follow up with patients to schedule outstanding treatment.
- Discusses treatment options with patients as recommended by the clinical team. Answers all financial questions as related to the cost of the proposed treatment and answers any questions regarding treatment or facilitates such answers from a clinical provider.
- Verifies and reviews patient's insurance benefits for the proposed/ scheduled treatment.
- Educates patients on different payment options including in house and third party financing.
- Documents and processes accepted treatment and financial arrangements in the dental software and/or payment processing equipment.
- Obtains necessary prior authorization for specialty treatment (medical authorization from PCP, or proper referral from PCP for Oral Surgery and coordinates with insurance).
- Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and company policies and procedures. Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
- High School diploma.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Compassion for patients, integrity, honesty and enthusiasm.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Understanding of dental insurance.
- Understanding of dental terminology and treatment.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn interactive cloud based software.
- Strong math skill, understanding how to work with financing plans both in house and from third party.
Apply on company website