Oversees and directs Supported Living program operations providing supported living services to individuals with developmental disabilities. Provides supervision for all Supported Living program staff which includes but is not limited to Program Supervisors, Program Coordinators, Financial Specialists, Maintenance personnel, and others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONSinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Quality of Services and Home Environments -- Routinely spends time in the homes interacting with supported individuals and Direct Support Professionals to gather input and feedback on how services are going. Completes observations to ensure that services are occurring in alignment with the company mission and values as well as the residential service guidelines. Monitors the cleanliness, maintenance, and personalization of homes, then works with Program Supervisors to address any issues. Monitors the quality of treatment, supports, and healthcare follow-up, then works with the Program Coordinator regarding any support related concerns. Collaborates with the Program Supervisors and Program Coordinators to ensure timely follow-up and resolution of issues or concerns. Ensures the program financial department is effectively supporting individuals with managing their finances, timely payment of bills, and other expenses to maintain their on-going needs and preferences.
Documentation and Case Management Records -- Ensures on-going implementation and maintenance of electronic health records systems. Routinely monitors compliance reports and takes action as needed to maintain high levels of compliance. Works with IT and systems administrator to resolve any equipment, connectivity, or functionality issues.
Compliance with Policies/Regulations -- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with internal company policies and external state/federal regulations. Maintains knowledge of supported living services and trends. Communicates and coordinates with City, Regional, and State Director regarding new policies/forms needed or revisions to existing policies/forms.
Leadership/Supervision -- Is accountable for Supported Living program operations. Provides supervision and direction for Program Supervisors, Program Coordinators, and other administrative staff. Provides indirect supervision for Direct Support Professionals. Takes steps to ensure that quality services occurring in alignment with the company mission and values. Schedules, prepares agenda, and facilitates routine management team meetings. Attends staff meetings. Maintains open lines of communication with employees and welcomes their feedback. Sets goals for the program and for direct reports and ensures accountability such that goals are accomplished. On-call and available to meet the needs of direct reports.
Fiscal Responsibility/Strategic Planning/Networking/ Marketing -- Provides fiscal oversight for the program and ensures that the program operates within the established budget. Makes financially responsible decisions. Actively manages staffing and non-staff costs. Provides support to Program Supervisors to ensure master staff schedules are developed and carried out in alignment with required/contracted hours. Participates in the annual budgeting and strategic planning process. Monitors bi-monthly and monthly financial and payroll reports and take steps as needed in response to areas that are off of target. Actively contributes to meeting the goals outlined on the strategic plan. Actively networks with customers and other entities associated with supported living services to meet census growth goals for the program. Takes an active role in admission and discharge decisions and planning.
Recruitment/Selection/Retention/Performance Management -- Participates in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of program personnel. Ensures accurate maintenance of the recruiting database. Provides routine feedback to employees. Holds employees accountable and actively manages performance issues in a timely manner. Completes six month and annual performance reviews with employees. Carries out and documents investigations within the program related to allegations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation. Collaborates with Human Resources on employee performance issues, suspensions, and termination decisions.
Positive Relationships -- Maintains positive relationships with supported individuals, parents, guardians, families, case managers, state customers/payors, and other customers and community members. Proactively seeks input and feedback from all customers and stakeholders. Ensures customer concerns/complaints are addressed and resolved timely.
Reporting -- Reviews and/or completes required weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly reports for accounting and operations (e.g. financial statements, staffing hours, overtime and payroll reports, unpaid items, open position reports, due dates, and authorizations).
Training - Monitors training reports for all personnel within the program to ensure training requirements are completed within designated timelines. Coordinates/collaborates with local training personnel to ensure staff training needs are met and staff are competent and equipped to complete their jobs. Coordinates/provides job specific training for Program Supervisors and Program Coordinators.
Quality Assurance/State Surveys -- Ensures the program and employees are prepared for internal and external surveys. Participates in entrance and exit meetings. Actively interacts with internal and external surveyors during the survey process. Monitors quality assurance metrics. Ensures timely follow-up on any issues identified during internal or external quality assurance audits/surveys. Participates in root cause analysis for systemic issues identified and ensures implementation of systems for sustainable solutions to resolve any quality or compliance issues. Requests assistance as needed from the QA team in order to address quality and compliance issues.
Positive Working Environment
- Acts with integrity and honesty and in a way that promotes the mission, vision, and values of the company.
- Respect and honor diversity (race, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, and abilities.
- Maintain respectful relationships which recognize client's rights as a citizen and promotes their dignity, well-being, personal choice, and self-esteem.
- Treat all co-workers with respect and in a manner that will promote teamwork, productivity and positive working environment.
- Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals and/or assigned tasks.
- Meet expected outcomes or let supervisor know of any needed direction, support or resources to ensure attainment of expected outcomes.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Participate fully, positively and productively in team meetings to assist in achieving the desired outcomes of the meeting.
- Inform team members of important information that will assist in providing quality supports to the department.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to changes as needed to effectively meet program needs and the needs of individuals being supported.
- Follow dress code guidelines to provide an appropriate role model and to represent quality services and professionalism.
- Act according to the guidelines of the company policies & procedures and the employee handbook. Maintain working knowledge of these documents by reviewing them at least once a year.
- Stay calm in challenging situations, maintains positive attitude, and serves as a role model for individuals served and employees. Conducts themselves in a way that leaves a positive impression with families, customers, and the community.
- Present services in a manner that result in the Company being considered the provider of choice.
Growth & Development
- Complete initial training/orientation and on-going in-service training.
- Maintains any required certifications if indicated and participates in training to further skills in leadership, person centered planning, and positive behavior support.
- Sets and achieves performance and development goals through the Annual Performance Review Plan and 6 month review process.
- Complete and remain current in First Aid, CPR, Therapeutic Options, Infection Control and Bloodborne Pathogens, and all other required training.
Safety and Health
- Maintains a safe working environment, follows safe work practices, and contributes to overall team safety.
- Ensure each individual's living environment is safe, well maintained, clean, and personalized. Notify supervisor or appropriate staff of any needed repairs, safety hazards or other concerns. Coordinate with Program Supervisor to ensure follow-up on concerns.
- Ensure individuals are free from abuse, mistreatment, neglect, and/or exploitation and complete all required mandated reports along with required documentation. Support and train staff to follow all mandatory reporting requirements.
- Provides proper level of staffing to ensure supervision and support of individuals in home and community.
Integrity and Trust -- Is accountable for actions. Maintains confidences. Admits mistakes. Honest. Trusted. Follows through on responsibilities and commitments.
Learning on the Fly -- Takes responsibility for learning the job and asking questions. Open to change. Uses successes and failures as opportunities to move forward.
Interpersonal Skills -- Builds positive relationships with team leaders, team members, customers, and people supported. Respects others.
Composure/Professionalism -- Remains calm and steady with control over emotions even in difficult circumstances. Mature.
Compassion -- Demonstrates a caring desire to help and support others.
Customer Focus -- Committed to excellence and outstanding customer service. Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of our customers.
Optimism and Enthusiasm-- Expects and expresses the best. Maintains a positive and confident outlook.
Drive for Results- Results oriented. Takes initiative. Can be counted on to get things done. Demonstrates the ability to duck, bob, and weave when confronted with obstacles. Completes tasks. Makes deadlines. Uses time and resources efficiently. Is always punctual.
Ownership-- Takes ownership for own success as well as the success of the team. Is responsible for outcomes of the team.
Vision, Planning, and Execution-- Creates a clear and inspiring vision. Sets objectives and goals to meet mission, vision, and values. Plans. Takes action. Makes it happen for self and team. Reports on progress. Maintains focus on priorities. Gets what is most important done first. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
Delegation-- Ensures outcomes are achieved by working through others. Effectively and comfortably delegates. Uses all resources available to the team.
Communication -- Communicates effectively through speaking, writing, and presentation skills. Listens well. Maintains two-way dialogue. Invites input. Plans communication. Keeps people informed.
Building People and Teams -- Hires the best people available from inside and out. Empowers others. Creates strong morale and spirit in the team. Creates a feeling of belonging in the team. Builds people through coaching, development, training, delegation, and mentoring.
Managing Others -- Sets and communicates clear expectations regarding job responsibilities. Ensures the team has a clear set of goals and that each team member knows their role. Holds people accountable, discussing what went right as well as what changes are needed. Recognizes and rewards good performance. Celebrates when goals and outcomes are achieved. Deals with performance issues constructively and in a timely manner.
Financial Management -- Uses resources judiciously. Makes financially sound decisions. Effectively manages staff scheduling (if applicable to the service). Quantifies business objectives and develops realistic budgets. Operates within budget. Communicates business requirements, issues, and constraints that comprise the company's financial reality.
Networking/Marketing -- Actively networks with customers and other entities associated with services. Markets to meet growth goals. Has ability to recognize and attract new customers and services.
Knowledge of the Field -- Has a clear understanding of the field, regulations that govern the services, as well as current trends and best practices.
Provides supervision for all Supported Living program staff which may include but is not limited to Program Supervisors, Program Coordinators, Financial Specialists, Maintenance personnel, and other support personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, budgeting, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
PHYSICAL, SENSORY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Quiet to moderate noise level in work environment and often required to sit for long periods of time.
- Required to talk, hear and the ability for close vision.
- Often required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb/balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Apply on company website