Come join our team at Academy Manor where we have competitive wages and on average our employee tenure is 10 years or more!
Genesis HealthCare is one of the nation's largest skilled nursing care providers with more than 400 skilled nursing centers and assisted living residences in 28 states nationwide. Genesis also supplies rehabilitation therapy to over 1,500 healthcare providers in 46 states. And right now, we have openings near you.
Manage the medical and nursing supplies inventory by organizing and distributing supplies within Central Supply, Unit-based Storage and other designated areas; developing and placing weekly orders; and, monitoring and reporting on supply utilization to nursing and administration.
Partner with Nursing Management and Administrator to ensure compliance with Genesis Standard Operating Procedures by purchasing to PPD Budget, ensuring Spend against Budget goals, ensuring customer readiness by minimizing emergency orders, and managing product utilization.
1. Collect and submit (to supervisor) feedback regarding formulary and non-formulary products.
2. With DON and Administrator, establish/maintain Re-order Point Information for routinely used products.
3. Regularly re-stock unit-based locations and/or patient rooms from central supply to ensure nursing customer satisfaction. Maintain Inventory Sheets and rotate Stock.
4. Segregate Medicare B items and follow Center invoicing process.
5. Manage, document and control inventory in central supply. Restrict access to only authorized personnel and maintain/monitor a sign-out log.
6. Develop supply orders from the list of pre-approved GHC Medical Supply Formulary Products (except when no formulary equivalent exists or directed otherwise by supervisor).
7. Submit weekly, routine orders based on Re-order Point Information.
8. Fill emergency requests in the most expeditious and cost-effective manner.
9. Ensure proper receipt of medical and nursing supply shipments by confirming that all items on the driver's manifest and purchase order match and are in acceptable condition.
10. Verify items on the final invoice are at the right price.
11. Track product inconsistencies by contacting supplier and returning items for credit.
12. Distribute received shipments to central supply for storage.
13. File Delivery Manifests, Packing Lists and other paper copies relating to the delivery and store for at least 60 days.
14. Monitor product use by analyzing center and corporate reports, e.g. volume and spend..
15. Communicate with Nursing Management to ensure proper product utilization.
16. Collaborate with Nursing to ensure center preparedness to service pending admissions, evening needs, week-end admissions and at-risk patients/residents.
17. Coordinate admission/discharge activities associated with patient-specific needs, e.g. feeding pumps, rental equipment (Bariatric equipment, wound vacs), concentrators, special disposables.
18. Read, review, communicate to Nursing, and coordinate response to latest news regarding vendors and products, e.g. alerts, emails, product substitutions, product recalls, product changes.
19. Perform other duties, e.g. product assembly, special projects, as requested by Supervisor.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.2. 2 years work experience in healthcare environment preferred.3. Familiarity with nursing and medical supplies used in long-term care or healthcare.4. Comfortable using a variety of tools to manage job responsibilities included but not limited to: inventory management tools, online purchasing system, Intranet for report generation, Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, eMail), other business systems.5. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.6. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
Position Type: Part Time
Req ID: 381868
Center Name: Academy Manor
Apply on company website