Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance Location: Chicago, IL Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world's largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com. People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.Job Description
- The Internal Audit Summer Analyst performs audit projects in accordance with Accenture's audit methodology and The Institute of Internal Auditors' (IIA) International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. The Internal Audit – Information Technology Summer Analyst focuses on audit projects that involve information technology global processes and controls, as well as computerized information systems.
- The Internal Audit Summer Analyst effectively executes a wide range of Internal Audit activities in a high-quality and timely manner. In their role, they perform activities that include audit planning, identifying recommendations for continuous improvement in global processes and controls, and communicating audit results.
- Develops an understanding of Accenture's audit approach, methodology, and tools.
- Participates in the detailed execution of the risk-based audit plan.
- Verifies the adequacy of information technology (IT) operating procedures of the company through a systematic program of audits.
- Designs and perform tests of internal controls.
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, findings, and associated reports.
- Prepares audit reports and work papers to ensure adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Identifies, recommends, and reports improvements to IT global processes and controls.
- Prepares well-written and timely audit reports and high-quality presentations for leadership
- Develops audit skills and establishes/maintains relationships related to assignments.
- Keeps abreast of Company policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws.
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor's degree OR a Master's degree with a graduation date between December 2018 and August 2019
- Required Majors: Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
- Overall GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Fundamental knowledge of financial, operational, compliance, and systems auditing techniques.
- Basic IT knowledge in infrastructure technologies (networking, data centers and hosting, virtualization, etc.), application development and support, and emerging technologies.
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Good writing, organizational, and planning skills. Demonstrated ability manage multiple priorities and manage ambiguity.
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to take direction and work within a team environment.
- Understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Strong academic credentials
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Paid internships last 10 - 12 weeks and typically begin in late-May/early-June and end in early/mid-August.
- Some business travel may be required.
Candidates who are currently on assignment as part of the Global Careers program are not eligible for consideration.Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status). Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Apply on company website