Creatinga pleasant work environment for all Fairmont Hotels colleagues is as importantas transforming simple moments into unforgettable memories for our guests. Yourplanning and organization skills as well as the values you exemplify in yourposition as Assistant Director, Housekeeping, will help the members of yourteam to grow professionally within Fairmont Hotels and will encourage them toguarantee an exceptional experience for our guests.
Présentation de l'hôtel : Perched on the CapDiamant to better overlook the majestic fleuve Saint-Laurent, Fairmont LeChâteau Frontenac is not only a great hotel at the heart of Québec; it truly isthe heart of Old Québec City.
Answeringto the Director, Housekeeping, the essential responsibilities and tasks of theposition include, without being exclusive:
- Offer a professional, friendly and engaging service at all times;
- Carry out the tasks of the Director, Housekeeping during his absence;
- Manage the department, help the Director, Housekeeping in its daily operation and ensure the standards of service are respected for a Hotel of 611 rooms;
- Design and maintain action plans to exceed the productivity, standards, colleague engagement and guest satisfaction objectives;
- Act a support to the team of Supervisors and contribute to the continual development of their management abilities;
- Manage the problems encountered by the guests, react quickly and communicate with the necessary department to ensure the timely resolution of the situations;
- Balance the administrative, operational and colleague needs;
- Ensure the highest levels of guest service through the application of all Corporate and property standards and policies.
- Proceed to regular and meticulous inspections of all rooms while working in close collaborations with the Engineering department to handle all repairs;
- Supervise punctual housekeeping tasks like spring cleaning, carpet cleaning, maintenance of public areas, window cleaning, etc.;
- Continuously monitor the application of the department's health and safety programs, including SIMDUT;
- Train all supervisors and colleague according to the needs of the department;
- Help efficiently manage employee relations by participating to the colleagues performance evaluations, the recognition and commitment programs as well as communication meetings;
- Take charge of guests complaints and ensure the necessary actions are taken to resolve the situations;
- Get involved in the hotel's and the department's special projects ;
- Coordinate the continuous improvement of fire safe spaces and evacuation procedures;
- Enroll into Accor environmental plan;
- Maintain department's inventories and purchases;
- Responsible of safe work place for all colleagues;
- Respect all departmental policies and procedures;
- Respect all hygiene and safety policies;
- Employee evaluations;
- Any other related duties.
- 3 years experience as a Manager (union environment an asset) as well as an ability to train new and experienced colleagues;
- University degree in a related field, an asset;
- Computer literate (Microsoft Windows), an asset;
- Knowledge of REX system, an asset;
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal and problem solving skills;
- Comfortable with team work;
- Ability to determine priorities and to focus on guests needs while staying calm and courteous at all times;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French.
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website