Location: Sonoma, CA
Career Level: Director
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Assistant Director, Talent & Culture (Human Resources)
#LI-SP1At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, we offer our Colleagues and Leaders exciting career paths and engaging work environments in hotels of unrivalled presence. Showcase your interpersonal and team-building strengths as Assistant Director, Talent & Culture – and be an ambassador for the extraordinary career opportunities and service culture at your hotel.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is the ultimate elegant oasis, blessed by natural mineral hot springs in the Sonoma Valley. An idyllic, world famous wine growing region abundant with local products, our resort is designed to exude the California Wine Country Experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Talent & Culture, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and oversee the day to day operation of the Talent & Culture Department
- Assist in assessing organizational needs, developing aligned human resource solutions and implement strategies in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, recognition, administration and Colleague wellness
- Advise and assist Leaders with the interpretation and consistent application of HR policies and procedures as well as compliance of all applicable Federal, State and Local legislation
- Ensure understanding and compliance with Accor's Ethics & Social Responsibility Charter and deliver Harassment & Discrimination Prevention Training to Colleagues as required
- Assist Departmental Leaders with the development of specific action plans to address issues and concerns identified in colleague feedback
- Promote positive Colleague relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust, mutual respect and fun
- Lead and support Hotel's Health & Safety Committee, facilitating Health & Safety initiatives and ensuring compliance with legislation, as well as promoting and celebrating an accident free workplace
- Take the lead on and manage Worker's Compensation administration working with Colleagues, Leaders, and our Insurance Provider to ensure prompt follow up with all accidents and return to work program
- Support recruitment process at Hotel by working with Leaders and the Talent Acquisition Team to develop strategies and ensure procedures are followed
- Assist in developing, implementing and facilitating on-boarding and additional training programs
- Support and manage LOA and Benefits administration for all employees ensuring compliance and colleague awareness
- Manage HR Manager information system ensuring data integrity and appropriate documentation
- Assist with and support Colleague staff and recognitions events
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous human resources leadership experience required, in a hotel environment preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be able to provide proof that they are legally able to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
Apply on company website