Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Driven by a passion for flawless service and unfailing attention to detail, you will assist the Banquet Manager to direct our award winning Banquet team, overseeing all of convention and catering events including tradeshows, gala events, meetings, kosher and off premise catering.
He will also be responsible for overseeing the operations of the VG Restaurant and Lounge, In Room Dining and Refreshment Center and is responsible for the overall success of all areas including the performance of all colleagues.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba -- at the historic corner of Portage and Main -- Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our Winnipeg hotel and the city is at your feet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Banquet Manager & the Restaurant, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the structured day-to-day operation of the Restaurant, Lounge, In Room Dining and Refreshment Centre, in conjunction with the F & B Outlets Manager, maintaining a visible presence, supporting the service team and building guest loyalty/recognition
- Constantly seeks out creative ways to improve service and overall F&B revenues and profitability
- Ensures the ongoing professional development, growth, and satisfaction of all team members
- Directs and assists in the development and implementation of innovative promotional and sales events
- Works with the kitchen, stewarding, as well as banquets and hotel leaders to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Ensure the implementation and compliance of minimum standards as outlined in the Fairmont Food and Beverage Core Standards
- Promotes and ensures a clean and SAFE working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety, with active participation in the Health & Safety committee
- Oversees the training and development of colleagues ensuring that they are informed regarding responsible service of alcohol and adherence to hotel and Company policies
- Ensures that the Restaurant maintains a first class and positive visual impact including ambiance, cleanliness, orderliness, decor and service flows.
- Monitors and continuously develops of Food & Beverage controls.
- Maintains a floor presence during a shift, greeting and interacting with guests.
- Maintain fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensure products are consistent with company quality standards.
- Supervises and directs service including table top presentation
- Handles guest complaints in the most diplomatic & professional manner.
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Up to date menu knowledge (breakfast, lunch, dinner, bar and wine pairing).
- Monitors and controls Micros system in appliance to guest checks and hotel reports
- Monitor speed of service and exercise quality control for both food and beverage.
- Works to increase knowledge of the industry trends.
- Maintain safety by adhering to stated safety policies and handle guest and employee accidents.
- Ensures daily payroll is accurate and up to date.
- Effective performance management through focus on colleague development training, problem resolution, maintaining up-to-date records on performance and audits, attendance, grooming, service deficiencies, schedules, labor costs/payroll, and late/absenteeism
- Adheres to Health & Safety policy and ensuring safe work practices are followed at all times.
- Adheres to the hotel's environmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates Service Promise Standards and Values
- Minimum 2 years restaurant management experience an asset
- Degree in F&B or Hotel Management an asset
- Exceptional Wine and Beer knowledge an asset
- Computer skills (Excel, MS Office software and Micros)
- Business acumen: understanding of hotel financial reporting structure
- Team player who is versatile and flexible with stress management skills
- Passion for guest service and excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and work independently
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse angry situations and collect accurate information in order to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate people.
- Administer the operation in such a manner as to bring into effect the superior product and service expected from the outlet.
- Oversee restaurant operations.
- Articulate ideas and concepts easily and express point of view with confidence.
- The ability to think ‘out of the box' and see the big picture
- He/she must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, desire to provide exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Good comfort level with Micros POS system.
- “Smart Choices” responsible liquor service certification required.
Visa Requirements: To be eligible for employment with Fairmont Winnipeg, you must be in possession of a working visa for Canada. We do not provide offer letters to applicants seeking to get their work visas. Applicants must have their work visas in place prior to applying. Please insert verbiage around hotel's ability to support visas/work permits.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit
http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website