Assistant Royal Service Manager
Are you a service professional with excellent organizational, analytical, and motivational skills? Lead our team of Royal Service Agents who are at the heart of our communication system; experts in all areas able to manage the call center functions and provide seamless service to our Guests and Colleagues.
Hotel Overview: At the core of Century Plaza's collection of world-class culinary, entertainment, and leisure opportunities stands the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel, which since 1966 has been hailed for visionaries design and service. Century Plaza's unparalleled team of designers have transformed this modern Los Angeles landmark into the heartbeat of 21st-century city living. Shopping and entertainment at Century Plaza surpass the expectations of the most discerning individual, complementing 1.2 million square feet of elite retail at the newly completed Westfield Century City just next door. Verdant landscapes and a commissioned sculpture by Jaume Plensa add vitality and spirit to Century Plaza's 24/7 urban energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Royal Service Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the daily operations of the Royal Service team to ensure a smooth operation and the highest level of guest satisfaction is provided by teams
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the smooth management of operations, maintaining a close relationship with Guest Relations, Front Desk, Sales, Catering, Conference Services, Revenue, Housekeeping, Fairmont Gold, Guest Services and Food and Beverage
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in all aspects of job performance.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Ensures proper implantation of, and maintains LQA and Fairmont Hotel's standards.
- Liaison between GRC and the Fairmont Century Plaza
- Reviews arrival reports and VIPS's to ensure all special requirements are met or exceeded
- Understands short term operational forecast in accordance with Revenue Management guidelines
- Maximizes rooms revenue through participating in yield management group meetings and implementing and supporting agreed upon Revenue Management strategies and practices.
- Effectively maximizes inventory levels during high occupancy/sold out nights
- Monitor hotel detailed availability, balancing inventory proactively to eliminate and minimize oversell in room categories
- Act as liaison with Conference Services Team to handle all group block related requests, inquiries, changes; including but not limited to rooming lists, group cut off dates, billing, group wash etc.
- Maintain and communication daily cut off reports
- Seeks feedback on guest satisfaction and resolves problems in accordance with our Mission Statement and philosophy of colleague empowerment
- Coaches and mentors colleagues. Creates an environment that allows employees to achieve job fulfillment and provides a path for career development with Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
- Conducts and participates in monthly departmental communication meetings.
- Monitors and provides feedback on monthly labor expenses.
- Ensures effective utilization and productivity of all staff through staff planning, hiring, scheduling and adhering to budget parameters.
- Provides reporting from phone system, and coordinates any initial changes/updates/troubleshooting to system as needed
- Knows all emergency procedures and general crisis situation management, including fire and emergency procedures, procedures for handling of Fire Panel, ensuring guest safety is followed by all hotel staff.
- Actively promotes Fairmont Service Promise behaviors and Service Essential compliance
- Performs any and all other tasks which are assigned by management.
- Promotes a safe working environment by adhering to Health and Safety standards as defined by the Fairmont Century Plaza.
- Minimum 2 years' previous supervisory/management experience in Front Office operations
- University degree or College diploma in Hotel Management preferred
- Knowledge of computerized Front Office systems required with emphasis in Property Manager
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Superior leadership and coaching skills with a proven track record of developing and motivating career minded professionals
- Strong guest service orientation and training skills background required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing, walking and sitting throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in theUnited States of America.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an EqualOpportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website