Banquet House Attendant
The ideal candidate is passionate about service and thrives in a fast paced, changing environment. With a keen eye for detail, the Banquet House Attendant ensures the room is set perfectly for each function exceeding guest's expectations. The candidate is adaptable and assists clients with all last minute changes. The position requires a service professional with excellent organizational, technical, and communication skills.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Banquet Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service
• Set up of tables, chairs, dance floors, staging, linens and assist with tabletop setup as directed
• Ensure delivery on Banquet Event Order requirements
• Maintain cleanliness of banquet space
• Safeguard assets and maintain all banquet equipment
• Actively furthers relationships with On-Site clients and enhances Meeting planner Satisfaction
• Follow service essentials at all times
• Work closely with Audio Visual vendors to ensure seamless delivery and set-up
• Handle all guest enquiries
• Aware of all business within hotel on a daily basis and able to guide guests accordingly
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience is an asset
• Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong guest service orientation
• Able to balance a variety of conflicting priorities while providing guest service
• Experience in a luxury property helpful
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Walking for up to 6 - 10 hrs
• Lifting weights in excess of 50 pounds
• Pushing/Pulling/Lifting weights in excess of 50 pounds
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts connects guests to the very best of its destinations worldwide providing travelers with memorable travel experiences, thoughtful and attentive service and luxury hotels that are truly unforgettable. Each Fairmont property reflects the locale's energy, culture and history through locally inspired cuisine, spirited bars and lounges, and distinctive design and décor. With more than 70 hotels globally, and many more in development, the Fairmont collection boasts some of the most iconic and distinctive hotels in the world. The extraordinary collection includes The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London, Fairmont Grand Del Mar, Dubai's Fairmont The Palm, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, Fairmont San Francisco and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City. Fairmont is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,100 hotels, resorts and residences, as well as in over 3,000 of the finest private homes around the globe. For more information or reservations, please visit fairmont.com. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website