Hotel Overview: Since 1907, The Fairmont has served as the San Francisco residence forU.S. presidents, world leaders and entertainment stars. The landmarkhotel offers 606 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, two distinctiverestaurants, a health club and easy access to the city's most popularattractions. Fairmont San Francisco is located atop Nob Hill at 950 MasonStreet.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the Banquet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Address guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Train Supervisors in the absence of a trainer
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Work closely with the Culinary and Stewarding team to ensure all banquetmeeting requirements are in place
- Work with the Conference Services & Catering department to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized
- Manage the departmental budget
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in food & beverage required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is where occasions are celebrated andhistory is made. Landmark hotels with unrivalled presence, authenticexperiences and unforgettable moments have attracted visitors to Fairmont andits destinations since 1907. The Plaza in New York City, The Savoy in London,Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont Banff Springs and Fairmont Peace Hotel inShanghai are but a few of these iconic luxury hotels, forever linked to thespecial places where they reside. Famous for its engaging service, grand publicspaces, locallyinspired cuisine and celebrated bars and lounges, Fairmontpromises a special brand of thoughtful luxury that will be remembered longafter any visit. With a worldwide portfolio of more than 75 hotels, Fairmontalso takes great pride in its deep community roots and leadership insustainability. Fairmont is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel andlifestyle group which invites travelers to feel welcome at more than 4,600hotels, resorts and residences, along with some 10,000 of the finest privatehomes around the globe.
Fairmont is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Feel free to visit our website at www.fairmont.com to find out more about our company.
Apply on company website