Banquet Setup Specialist (Banquet Houseperson)
Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Showcase your service and organization strengths as Banquet Houseperson, where your attention to detail, safety and quality will help “set the stage” for a successful group function.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, known as the ‘Castle in the City', with its chateau-style green-clad copper roof and gargoyles is an architectural landmark in the heart of Downton Vancouver that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. A registered heritage property operating since 1939, the hotel symbolizes grandeur and timeless elegance. In spring 2019, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver completed a $75M, five-year multiphase revitalization project. With its prestigious address on Georgia Street, this castle is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Maintain the cleanliness of banquet rooms, hallways, storage and service areas
- Lift and store tables, chairs and staging efficiently and safely
- Set-up, maintain and break down banquet\meeting rooms
- Follow directions from banquet event orders for assigned banquet\meetings
- Report needed repairs of unsafe equipment and\or conditions
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous guest service experience required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work flexible schedules (including evenings, weekends and overnights)
Physical Aspects of Position (includes but not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and occasionally lifting up to 40 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website