Barista - Café 1915
As a Barista with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding Food & Beverage offerings makes guests of our restaurants, lounges and cafes feel unique and valued.
Edmonton's "Chateau on the River"
This historic Chateau on the River features 198 spacious rooms and suites, combining traditional décor with a high level of personal service. Fairmont Gold was introduced in June 2016, an elevated experience of a hotel within a hotel; this product will further cement Fairmont Hotel Macdonald's reputation as the best, most luxurious hotel in Edmonton. Restaurants include the Confederation Lounge and award-winning Harvest Room, both with spectacular river valley views and seasonal outdoor terraces.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Outlet's Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Anticipates guest and café needs
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Take reservation calls and use Opentable to enter and edit bookings
- Previous experience is an asset
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset, but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website