With a bar, dining room, outdoor terrace garden and lounge, Botanist is filled with wonderment and charm. If you love food, drink and engaging with people we'd love to hear from you.
Do you have what it takes to be our new Botanist Restaurant Manager?
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure Botanist consistently reflects the ambiance and service standards set by the leadership team
- Lead Botanist by motivating, coaching and monitoring the performance levels of all team and leadership members.
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times by maintaining high staff morale and team spirit through active on the floor communication
- Strategically develop and grow assistant managers and supervisors.
- Manage assigned F&B Manager on Duty responsibilities including being a point of contact for all Outlets.
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs while maintaining floor presence.
- Ensure Botanist is operating within the standards of a Forbes Five Star venue.
- Responsible to create and execute quarterly strategic plans for Botanist.
- To contribute and focus on the daily growth of the operation through awareness and understanding of LQA, EES, Forbes, Ecosure and Fairmont Pacific Rim Standards.
- Create and implement preventative cleaning and maintenance programs.
- Work together with the culinary, restaurant managers, and stewarding team to ensure that all food service meets or exceeds guest expectations and to promote teamwork as a strong component of the daily service culture.
- Work with Outlet Sales Manager and Food & Beverage Coordinator to ensure the execution of successful group events.
- Participate in service as necessary per outlet needs.
- Control stocks for daily use in Botanist to ensure service requirements are met.
- Attend and participate in the daily Food and Beverage meetings, stand-ups and conduct daily shift briefings.
- Perform daily checks on staffing level, quality control, maintenance and cleanliness for Botanist.
- Follow up on guest concerns and share all guest comments with the colleagues.
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by management.
- Develop training programs for Botanist to ensure continuous growth.
- Participate in the training and coaching of new and existing team members within Giovane.
- Attend pre-convention & departmental meetings as required for Botanist Operation.
- Adhere to the budgetary guidelines established for Botanist (labor, productivity, revenue, and expenses).
- Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process for Botanist.
- Work in conjunction with the Outlet Chef, Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Director on promotions, menus, and special events.
- Create and innovate ideas and promotions to generate revenue for Botanist.
- A passion for all things hospitality is required
- The ability to be happy and welcoming, responsive and solution oriented is a must
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle the pressures of providing excellent service in a fast paced atmosphere with genuine interest and passion for food, wine and crafted cocktails
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Previous Food and Beverage leadership experience in a high capacity role required
- Previous experience in a high volume restaurant preferred
- Experience with FORBES 5 Star is preferred
- Previous experience opening a new restaurant is an asset
- Previous MICROS/Silverware experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Apply on company website