Chef de Cuisine, fl.2
The Chef de Cuisine is the restaurant's culinary director and artistic mind. This person is passionate about the culinary world, specifically embracing our city's food offerings. In addition to loving the local food community in Pittsburgh, we are looking for someone who is engaged in culinary trends. This position is for someone who will have a proactive approach to the operation, and will constantly strive to innovate and implement new ideas to enhance our guest experience.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Drawing from Pittsburgh's rich history, the restaurant's new central bar showcases a wide selection of local beers, craft cocktails, and an elevated Modern American menu with unique signature items that have the power to transform guests into regulars. Vibrant and inviting, the restaurant and bar offers a space that allows for an open, airy atmosphere with a modern framework incorporated with architectural elements. A fresh and modern setting provides revelers local context in a familiar environment. The result is a restaurant and bar with a neighborhood vibe and sophisticated offerings.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the culinary direction of our signature restaurant
- Participate in the local culinary scene through industry organizations and networking.
- Well informed on local dining trends, competitor offerings, and continuously bring fresh and marketable ideas to keep fl.2 a top dining choice.
- Participate in culinary social media initiatives
- Attend all marketing meetings, contribute valuable ideas to market fl.2 and actively participate in all promotional / Public Relations initiatives.
- Drive the service vision with the fl.2 General Manager and actively engage with guests.
- Create menus that are casual yet sophisticated and that appeal to the local market through development of recipes, presentations, and quality standards.
- Continuously work on new processes to enhance our guest experience and is open to innovation and change.
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories, daily log report, and food cost report.
- Understand daily forecasts and guest counts and coordinate with chefs all par stock levels.
- Manage all department head responsibilities and tasks for the restaurant culinary operation (forecasting expenses, payroll & productivity, P&L commentary, recruitment, training and talent development)
- Foster an environment based on solid company culture within his/her team, attends and schedules them for training as needed, holds monthly departmental meetings and is seen as an approachable leader and mentor to his/her team.
- Build colleague engagement/guest loyalty and outstanding service results.
- Ensure departmental schedules reflect our service commitments, colleague needs, and business-productivity commitments.
- Conducts daily shift briefings ensuring that our colleagues are well informed and prepared to deliver outstanding service.
Ensures that all colleagues are trained and held accountable for brand standards.
Takes responsibility of the cleanliness, maintenance, and storage procedures of the kitchen.
Comply with all safety and health department procedures, as well as, all state and federal liquor laws.
Other duties as assigned
- Minimumof 3 years culinary management experience in an upscale or luxury operation.
- Mustbe able to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including weekendsand holidays.
- Mustbe able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Mustwork well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Mustbe effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating,preventing, identifying, and solving problems for guests/colleagues.
- Mustbe able to work with and understand financial information and data, and have basicbusiness acumen
- ServeSafeSanitation course preferred
Physical Aspects of Position(include but are not limited to):
Constantstanding, walking throughout shift.
Longhours may be required.
Exertingup to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force constantly tolift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Visa Requirements: Must have valid proof of U.S. work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website