Cook 2 - Temporary Leave CoverageEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Cook 2, the care you devote to preparing each menu item will not go unnoticed by the guests who are fortunate enough to enjoy them!
Hotel Overview: FairmontHotel Vancouver, known as the ‘Castle in the City', with its chateau-stylegreen-clad copper roof and gargoyles is an architectural landmark in the heartof Downton Vancouver that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. A registered heritage property operating since 1939, the hotel symbolizesgrandeur and timeless elegance. In spring 2019, Fairmont Hotel Vancouvercompleted a $75M, five-year multiphase revitalization project. With itsprestigious address on Georgia Street, this castle is surrounded by a diversearts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district,exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcomeour guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to theExecutive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but arenot limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleague
- Prepare, cook and service all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus in the banquet and restaurant operation according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
Please note actual hours worked will fluctuate based onbusiness needs.
- 2-4 years' experience in a banquet and restaurant culinary field required
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Valid Food Safe certification required
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationship with others
- Proven organizational skills, work well on own and others. Abe to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work flexible schedules (including evenings, weekends and overnights)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website