Cook 3 (0-24 hours) - October 2019 through January 2020 Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Cook 3, the care you devote to food and workspace preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: FairmontHotel Vancouver, known as the ‘Castle in the City', with its chateau-stylegreen-clad copper roof and gargoyles is an architectural landmark in the heartof Downton Vancouver that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. A registered heritage property operating since 1939, the hotel symbolizesgrandeur and timeless elegance. In spring 2019, Fairmont Hotel Vancouvercompleted a $75M, five-year multiphase revitalization project. With itsprestigious address on Georgia Street, this castle is surrounded by a diversearts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district,exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcomeour guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Assist in the preparation and service of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
Please note that actual hours worked may fluctuate and are based on business volumes.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the culinary field required
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Valid Food Safe certification required
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationship with others
- Proven organizational skills, work well on own and others. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work flexible schedules (including evenings, weekends and overnights)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Whetheryou're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you tovisit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ tolearn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinaryopportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finesthospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offerour guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's whyyou'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean,Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leadingtraining, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels &Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locationslike London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont PeaceHotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork andEmpowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating allcolleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader,Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices andaward-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website