Dining Reservations Agent As a Dining Reservation Agent with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our dining experience. Your warm service and efficiency makes our guests feel welcome and valued – and set the stage for a memorable meal.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Dining Reservations Supervisor, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Communicate with guests, colleagues and hotel partners to coordinate excellent and memorable dining experiences
- Book and enter Dining reservation requests using computerized reservation system
- Detailed knowledge of all Food & Beverage Outlets and their menu offerings
- Promote and sell any in-house or upcoming Food & Beverage events
- Work closely with all Food & Beverage Outlets to communicate an guest requests or special celebrations
- Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous customer service related experience required
- Previous Property Manager System experience preferred
- Previous OpenTable GuestCenter experience an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Must be able to type 25 words per minute
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Frequent sitting throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, walking and standing
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
You may be required towork on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission ofyour application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able tomeet these requirements as needed.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website