Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Career Level: Director
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Director, BanquetsEngaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. As Director, Banquets, you will provide vision and leadership that fosters an engaged team and ensures quality, efficiency and superior service at each group function.
Edmonton's "Chateau on the River"
For more than 100 years, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has effortlessly delivered timeless luxury in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Nestled upon the North Saskatchewan River Valley, the hotel's charm and ever-evolving elegance has earned it the spotlight as one of the city's most sought-after locations. A storied past, an unparalleled present, and a future to be reckoned with, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has set the stage for luxury in the heart of the city. Edmonton's only four-diamond “Chateau on the River” offers unparalleled views of North America's largest expanse of urban parkland. Boasting dignified style and timeless grace, each of our 198 classically-designed guestrooms, including specialty suites, are tastefully adorned with the finest amenities. In 2016, we forever changed the game in luxury as we unveiled a completely re-designed Fairmont Gold & Lounge. Delivering personalized and discreet service, this hotel within a hotel offers an unrivalled experience unlike any other the city has seen, and likely ever will. From seasonally inspired menus to dining experiences that will satisfy any craving, see what our chefs are preparing in our Confederation Lounge and our award-winning restaurant, The Harvest Room.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and enhance Fairmont service standards through disciplined administration of departmental Standard Operating Procedures and excellent attention to detail
- To enhance the leadership skills of the banquet leadership team. This includes the development of decision-making skills, performance management techniques, function planning ability, process mapping and analysis, and sense of urgency and ownership
- Ensure effective working relationships and clear communication are maintained with all colleagues and leaders in the Banquet Department
- Critically assess procedures, policies, and methods of operation and alter them where necessary
- Ensure the financial success of the department by monitoring productivities, revenues and costs. To proactively implement appropriate procedures or programs wherever necessary.
- Liaise with the Conference Services/Catering Department to ensure that a common vision is shared
- Work with clients, CS&C and Sales to develop new programs and services in order to offer a unique and personalized experience for all conference guests
- Create and implement all beverage menus within the department as well as work closely with the kitchen on the creation of all food menus
- Liaise with other Food and Beverage departments and ensure that all resources are being equally shared and that the entire division operates as a unified force
- To ensure that all equipment, fixtures, and furniture of the department are kept in the best repair possible and are used in a safe and proper manner.
- To participate in the budgeting process of the department by establishing clear and precise priorities for operational and renovation capital expenditures
- To purchase all equipment required by the department
- To develop and maintain a safety culture within the department and ensure departmental adherence to and awareness of Health and Safety standards
- To develop and enforce service standards for Eco-Meet, ensure departmental participation in all hotel-wide environmental initiatives, and to develop departmental specific environmental initiatives
- To achieve or exceed all targeted objectives as it relates to our pillars
- To ensure the successful opening/closing of seasonal dining rooms. And to successfully manage high end/ high volume dining room operations
- To attend Leadership meetings, daily convention, preconvention and other meetings as require
- At least 2 years' experience as a Banquet Manager/Assistant Director of Banquets
- Post-Secondary Degree in Hospitality or Food and Beverage Management an asset
- Must be a highly organized individual with the ability to handle numerous tasks at any one time
- A demonstrated ability to delegate tasks to team members and facilitate their completion
- Must have strong, proven leadership qualities and management skills
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website