Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. As Director, Banquets, you will provide vision and leadership that fosters an engaged team and ensures quality, efficiency and superior service at each group function.
Hotel Overview: At the core of Century Plaza's collection of world-class culinary, entertainment, and leisure opportunities stands the Fairmont Century Plaza Hotel, which since 1966 has been hailed for visionaries design and service. Century Plaza's unparalleled team of designers have transformed this modern Los Angeles landmark into the heartbeat of 21st-century city living. Shopping and entertainment at Century Plaza surpass the expectations of the most discerning individual, complementing 1.2 million square feet of elite retail at the newly completed Westfield Century City just next door. Verdant landscapes and a commissioned sculpture by Jaume Plensa add vitality and spirit to Century Plaza's 24/7 urban energy.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Banquet department, ensuring all service standards are followed
- Ensure all functions maintain a first class and positive visual impact; including ambiance, décor and service delivery
- Coach and train the Banquet leadership team in all aspects of the department
- Plan the departmental annual budget to meet company objectives and administer it in a fiscally responsible manner
- Ensure all financial reporting is maintained and accurate billing for each banquet/meeting is recorded
- Plan departmental resources in accordance to forecasted activity
- Respond to guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Assume responsibility for all banquet facilities, including cleanliness, repair and maintenance, reporting any deficiencies as required
- Attend pre-conference meetings with clients to confirm all relevant details are communicated
- Lead a culture of service excellence
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous senior leadership experience in food and beverage required
- Previous experience managing large events (1,000+ guests) on a regular basis required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and overnight shifts
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (includebut are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in theUnited States of America.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an EqualOpportunity Employer EOE/M/F/V/D
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningfulemployment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinaryopportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitalityexperience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our gueststhe best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll findexceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean,Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leadingtraining, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels &Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locationslike London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont PeaceHotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork andEmpowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating allcolleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader,Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices andaward-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website