Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. As Director, Banquets, you will provide vision and leadership that fosters an engaged team and ensures quality, efficiency and superior service at each group function.
Rising gracefully above Millennium Park and Chicago's impressive lakefront, Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park is located conveniently near major cultural attractions, the city's business and financial district and world-renowned shopping along the Magnificent Mile. With beautifully appointed, extraordinarily spacious guestrooms and spectacular lakefront suites, Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park offers a superior and distinctive array of amenities and services, including the gastropub, Columbus Tap. This Four-Diamond luxury hotel is host to some of the city's most extravagant galas and social affairs and provides excellent meeting facilities for intimate board meetings to major conventions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Banquet department, ensuring all service standards are followed
- Ensure all functions maintain a first class and positive visual impact; including ambiance, décor and service delivery
- Coach and train the Banquet leadership team in all aspects of the department
- Plan the departmental annual budget to meet company objectives and administer it in a fiscally responsible manner
- Ensure all financial reporting is maintained and accurate billing for each banquet/meeting is recorded
- Plan departmental resources in accordance to forecasted activity
- Respond to guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Assume responsibility for all banquet facilities, including cleanliness, repair and maintenance, reporting any deficiencies as required
- Attend pre-conference meetings with clients to confirm all relevant details are communicated
- Lead a culture of service excellence
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in food & beverage required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Onlycandidates with valid employment authorization will be considered for thisposition.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At FairmontHotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience ineach of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, wefirst need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptionalwork opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe andAfrica, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training,career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is acelebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London'sThe Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teamsare guided by values of Respect, Trust, Guest Passion, Spirit of Conquest,Innovation and Sustainable Performance; we employ the highest ethical andquality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Acommunity and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for itsresponsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. Anexciting future awaits!
Apply on company website