Director, Catering & Conference Services
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Your vision and leadership as Director, Catering & Conference Services will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and offerings that exceed the expectations of every client.
Hotel Overview: Edmonton's "Chateau on the River"
For more than 100 years, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has effortlessly delivered timeless luxury in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Nestled upon the North Saskatchewan River Valley, the hotel's charm and ever-evolving elegance has earned it the spotlight as one of the city's most sought-after locations. A storied past, an unparalleled present, and a future to be reckoned with, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has set the stage for luxury in the heart of the city. Edmonton's only four-diamond “Chateau on the River” offers unparalleled views of North America's largest expanse of urban parkland. Boasting dignified style and timeless grace, each of our 198 classically-designed guestrooms, including specialty suites, are tastefully adorned with the finest amenities. In 2016, we forever changed the game in luxury as we unveiled a completely re-designed Fairmont Gold & Lounge. Delivering personalized and discreet service, this hotel within a hotel offers an unrivalled experience unlike any other the city has seen, and likely ever will. From seasonally inspired menus to dining experiences that will satisfy any craving, see what our chefs are preparing in our Confederation Lounge and our award-winning restaurant, The Harvest Room.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Catering office, ensuring all service standards are followed
- Responsible for all catering, from booking to execution and conference services from the time a contract becomes definite to execution
- Prepare an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business
- Conduct site inspections as required
- Develop annual business plans for the department in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Ensure that function bookings, group resumes and event contract are prepared and distributed accurately and efficiently
- Ensure meeting and function rooms are properly maintained at all times liaising with food and beverage outlets regarding reservations and flow of clients
- Work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing to prepare monthly forecasts
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience within a similar role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website