Director, Food & Beverage
At Fairmont Hotel, our guests discover unique flavors and enjoy an exceptional service every time they come to our restaurants. Endowed with the qualities of a leader and a communicative passion, the Director of Food & Beverage must obtain excellent operation results while creating innovative promotions and also ensuring the constant satisfaction of the clients with a highly motivated team.
Perched on the Cap Diamant to better overlook the majestic fleuve Saint-Laurent, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not only a great hotel at the heart of Québec; it truly is the heart of Old Québec City.
Even though Fairmont Le Château Frontenac's reputation is known by all, its team has surpassed every record since the inauguration of the «new» Château. Still ranked as one of the best hotel in the world, the Food & Beverage division innovated with new and varied concepts like Mixology, an inspired cuisine, but also by a dynamic and festive ambiance. The Food & Beverage division is now ranked as one of top three worldwide for the company but also occupies a key place in the local market.
Answering to the Director of Operations, the essential responsibilities and tasks of the position include, without being exclusive:
- Consistently offer a professional, friendly and engaging service;
- Ensure to go above and beyond guests expectations in offering an irreproachable and efficient service;
- Develop quality relations with guest during their stay to favor their loyalty;
- Take note of the guests' comments and act when necessary.
- Select and train colleagues, proceed to hiring when needed and make sure that each employee knows and has access to career opportunities;
- Ensure the training of new Food & Beverage managers;
- Develop and maintain an enthusiastic and motivated team through professional and personal development by offering continuous training and recognition;
- Oversee the efficient application of the various talents of the Food & Beverage sector's colleagues.
- Assist in developing menus, wine list, specifications and standards of all Food & Beverage operations;
- Oversee the installation of computer systems to ensure the smooth execution operations;
- Meet suppliers and follow up on commercial agreements;
- Make sure service standards are respected and seek to consistently improve the quality of products and services, while increasing both volumes and profits;
- Support management of Social Medias to promote the various culinary offers;
- Lookout for new Food & Beverage trends and implant the best of them to make sure our offers are up to date and that we remain a leader of the industry;
- With the Food& Beverage team, prepare promotion and marketing plans to maximize profits and public relations of the department;
- Supervise all the departments operations, ensure the financial goals are reached and that service standards are consistently maintained;
- Improve profits of outlets by creating innovative and original promotions;
- Oversee the control of food, beverage, labor costs and exploitation costs for the whole Food & Beverage division;
- Oversee the development and execution of innovative events, promotions and sales, by searching for creative ideas to improve the quality of service and the volume of sales;
- Prepare and manage the budget of the department, including the planning of the labor cost budgets, as well as the management of productivity and prevision to reach every goals;
- Implement an action plan and ensure a yield above average to realize the department's annual goals (JDPower, CES, GOP, RevPar, FPC, etc.)
- Respect all the policies, procedures and standards of service of the department;
- Respect all the policies regarding to Health & Safety;
- All other related tasks;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as Director of Food & Beverage in a full service luxury operation environment;
- A Bachelor or Collegial (CEGEP) degree in hotel or restaurant management is an asset;
- Strong analytical and leadership skills are required as well as the ability to make sound business decisions
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MICROS and PMS systems is an asset;
- Ability to analyze data and trends and create strategies for improvement, while being innovative, creative and willing to take risks.
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Creative and effective team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, administrative skills, ambition, drive and determination.
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website