Director, Front Office
Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues and Leaders are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Showcase your leadership and interpersonal strengths as Front Office Manager, where you will lead our team of service ambassadors, maximize Front Office operations and ensure exceptional guest service.
Hotel Overview: Edmonton's "Chateau on the River"
For more than 100 years, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has effortlessly delivered timeless luxury in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Nestled upon the North Saskatchewan River Valley, the hotel's charm and ever-evolving elegance has earned it the spotlight as one of the city's most sought-after locations. A storied past, an unparalleled present, and a future to be reckoned with, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has set the stage for luxury in the heart of the city. Edmonton's only four-diamond “Chateau on the River” offers unparalleled views of North America's largest expanse of urban parkland. Boasting dignified style and timeless grace, each of our 198 classically-designed guestrooms, including specialty suites, are tastefully adorned with the finest amenities. In 2016, we forever changed the game in luxury as we unveiled a completely re-designed Fairmont Gold & Lounge. Delivering personalized and discreet service, this hotel within a hotel offers an unrivalled experience unlike any other the city has seen, and likely ever will. From seasonally inspired menus to dining experiences that will satisfy any craving, see what our chefs are preparing in our Confederation Lounge and our award-winning restaurant, The Harvest Room.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Front Office department and ensure all service standards are followed
- Maximize rooms revenue through participating in yield management meetings and implementingsupporting agreed upon Revenue Management strategies and practices
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper areas
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meeting
- Manage the departmental budget
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience is an asset
- Previous leadership experience required
- Previous Property Management System experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website