Director of Housekeeping
Creating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont San Jose is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. The standards and values you model as Director of Housekeeping will inspire your team – not only to ensure exceptional residences, public areas and heart of the house areas, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont San Jose is perfectly situated in the heart of downtown and is the prominent luxury hotel for business and social events in the city. Our state of the art meeting/business amenities and proximity to the convention center creates an unparalleled experience for our group and business travel guests. The hotel is located within 15 minutes of an international airport and within walking distance to world class dining, theatre and arts, which allows all guests the ability to relax and enjoy the destination.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Manage day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Monitor labor costs while ensuring effective scheduling and department productivity
- Create, develop and maintain on-going safety program, including development of policies and training
- Ensure all residences, public areas and heart of the house areas meet the highest standard of cleanliness
- Assist with preventative maintenance programs while working with the Regional Director, Engineering
- Perform efficient and timely procurement and inventory of laundry inventory, ensuring the highest quality is maintained
- Communicate with Rooms Director regarding goals, progress and needs from the staff
- Provide Housekeeping team with training that will provide the skills and confidence needed to achieve excellent job performance
- Ensure effective communication, including coaching and performance management
- Address Guest concerns and react quickly; logging and notifying proper departments as required
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Actively participate in daily pre-shift meetings
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Housekeeping experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Candidates must have legal work authorization to work in the United States of America.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont San Jose is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply on company website