Location: Seattle, WA
Career Level: Director
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Director, Public RelationsAt the Fairmont Olympic Hotel Seattle our Director of Public Relations will work independently and will act as spokesperson for the hotel, will be a member of the crisis management team, and work with corporate PR to develop and execute brand initiatives.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Write and disseminate press kits, releases, and pitch relevant stories about ongoing activities at the hotel.
- Update PR newsroom and keep corporate PR and agencies informed of all news.
- Develop and build positive relationships with local media, national travel and lifestyle media, as well as and industry partners in key markets.
- Develop joint, regional and national promotional opportunities with other Fairmont properties.
- Develop and maintain all media lists and contact information.
- Maintain an up-to-date photo and video library, including a photographic record of all media and special events.
- Conduct individual and media familiarization trips and regional media outreach/entertaining as needed.
- Work with tourism and airline partners where appropriate.
- Seek product placement/broadcast/film opportunities to leverage new and existing brand partnership opportunities.
- Evaluate media opportunities and respond to journalist and influencer requests in a timely manner.
- Have a passion for multimedia social content.
- Demonstrates an ability to drive online outreach across digital social channels and is well versed in current digital trends.
- Responsible for researching new social media channels and platforms, testing and adopting new social media tactics.
- Ongoing development of SM standards and processes.
- Execute effective social advertising strategies and programming.
- Plan effective social media influencer programs.
- Extend brand reach with non-traditional marketing and media partnerships.
- Manage marketing team to oversee creative design execution and marketing strategies.
- Work with DOSM to leverage advertising and marketing programs.
- Manage marketing and communications needs for guests and colleagues.
- Advise on marketing and advertising copy and provide editing for brand consistency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in the industry or in public relations preferred.
- Quality writing skills, excellent spoken and written communications skills, and strong organizational skills a must.
- Collaborate with Executive Committee to create plans across all hotel groups including Rooms, F&B, Catering, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable with exceptional attention to detail.
- Team management experience.
- Ability to focus attention on Guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- We welcome a creative mind who is looking to engage with a talented team of professionals.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website