Responsible for the repairs, maintenance, upkeep and replacement of the property's electrical systems, in accordance with hotel standards, and in compliance with the city/state/federal inspection codes (i.e. health and sanitation, fire/life safety, etc.). Participate in the preventive maintenance program of all building equipment, guestrooms, meeting rooms, ballrooms, and all areas of the hotel (i.e. kitchens, stewarding, restaurants, outlets, fitness center, pool, carriage entrance, valet etc.). Will assist in other areas of Engineering as assigned.
What's in it for you:
The Fairmont Dallas, located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, offers 545 elegant guestrooms and suites, with over 73,000 square feet of banqueting and meeting space. For over 50 years, the Fairmont Dallas has been the setting for countless civic, social, cultural, convention and corporate events, but more importantly the setting for thousands of memories. Fairmont Dallas offers complimentary duty meals and uniforms, competitive wages and health benefit options, Discounted Annual DART pass, Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide, Learning programs through our Academies, Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world and the ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain some working knowledge and understanding of all the systems (i.e. electrical distribution and lighting, TV antenna, fire/life safety and emergency generator, central plant, swimming pool, laundry/valet, kitchen HVAC and refrigeration, etc.) associated with the all hotel operations/maintenance.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms, coordinating with the Director, Housekeeper and Front Office.
- Maintain par stock levels of standard electrical fixtures, wiring and other supplies.
- Operate, maintain and repair or replace of the property's heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems which include:
- Electrical distribution panels.
- Branch electric circuit
- Switches receptacles and lighting fixtures.
- Motor control circuit
- Fire alarm systems
- Emergency lighting fixtures
- Power plant electrical systems.
- Repair and replace all electrical devises, including but not limited to: receptacles, switches, breakers, related panel replacements and feeds, transformers, cables, troughs etc.
- Separate over loaded circuits and balance electrical panel loads.
- Perform central plan operations watch, when needed.
- Assist Engineer, carpenter, painter, plumber, mechanic, central plant operator, and locksmith in all phases of repair work.
- Initiate cost estimates of labor and materials for specific projects.
Your experience and skills include:
- Possess a current journeyman electrician license
- 2-3 years of experience as an electrician
- Experience in a secondary trade an asset
- Working knowledge of the electrical supplies and equipment
- Proficient in all areas of electrical repairs/maintenance and installation.
- Complete working knowledge of the systems associated with the guestrooms/meeting room's operations/maintenance.
- Working knowledge of the electrical, plumbing, mechanical, central plan, HVAC and refrigeration kitchen, swimming pool, fire/life safety and emergency generator and appliance operational problem repairs.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal.
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, appliance operational problems and mechanical background.
- Working knowledge of:
- health codes
- electrical codes
- local mechanical codes
- national/local fire codes
- blue prints and wiring schematics
- power and hand tools, meters, gauges, etc. as it relates to the technical trades
- plant equipment
- Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers in processing charges).
- Computer literate
- Ability to:
- interpret manufacturer's literature for installation, preparation, use and upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property.
- be well organized and follow instructions.
- focus attention on details.
- operate high reach lifts.
- exert strong physical effort in transporting equipment fixtures and supplies.
- prioritize tasks and comply with deadlines for work assignments.
- be a clear thinker and perform well under pressure work assignments.
- maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- work and perform job functions with minimum supervision.
- trouble shoot and use alternatives in emergency situations.
- understand guest inquires, provide responses and interact positively.
- interact positively with hotel personnel and provide prompt solutions to problem.
- work in close proximity to high-pressure steam of 150 pounds and hot water at 180 degrees.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Exert physical effort in transporting miscellaneous items (i.e. motors, tools, equipment, materials, etc.) (50-150 pounds) throughout all areas of the hotel.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 1-2 feet, predominately over the head.
- Remain in stationary position for 30 minutes - 2 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches
Your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Apply on company website