Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Career Level: Director
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Executive Director, Finance & Business Support
We are much more than a world leader. We are 240,000+ hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,100 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values which make our talents Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences. We are recognized as a top employer and a global hospitably leader.
We connect Hearts all around the world. To connect with us, please visit accorhotels.jobs and frhi.com/careers.
Based out of the Toronto, Regional Office. Reporting to the Vice President, Hotel Finance & Business Support with dotted line reporting to Vice President, Operations Luxury & Midscale, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage key relationships with stakeholders to provide financial support and understanding of short term and long term financial plans.
- Review financial performance, analysis of variances, forecasts and budgets of hotels.
- Challenge existing strategies and/or recommend alternate strategies to improve performance
- Oversight in the Regional and Hotel Directors of Finance and Business Support in the region with the development and implementation of “corrective action plans” on internal and or external audit and operational reports.
- Promote, drive and maximize the GOP Theoretical Flow Through concept across hotels in the region
- Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of financial data
- To seek, identify and implement throughout the Hotels in the Region, best practices that will serve to enhance revenues, guest service and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
- To oversee and lead in preparing, in conjunction with the RVP, the Hotel DOF and the Hotel General Managers, the annual budget, capital budgets and the rolling forecasts
- To recommend and engage with Operations in the design, implementation, and use of methods and procedures that improve the accuracy of working schedules in the region, labor standards, forecasts, plans to assist operational staff in the Hotels
- Provide accurate and complete financial and management reports on a timely basis to Regional management with-in the region and the corporate office, in accordance with the company and ownership reporting requirements and policy
- Oversee all facets of the Hotel property capital process.
- Ensure all laws and fiscal regulations of the hotel area locations, which effect financial matters of the property, will be complied with
- Accountable for the development, documentation, and maintenance of control systems, within the Hotels, to ensure compliance.
- Operate efficiently and optimize staffing levels at the hotels; Plan for future staffing needs (Succession Planning). Focus on succession planning of DOFs and Assistant DOFs across the hotels.
- Recruit in line with company guidelines and partner with Regional Finance and GMs to recruit hotel Finance leaders, as needed.
- Accounting Designation, Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Hotel Management, Business, Finance, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. CPA or MBA preferred
- 5 to 7 years of work experience as a Regional or Corporate Director of Finance is essential
- Ability to travel is required to provide the oversight within the region
- Previous experience managing multiple hotels or business units as well as experience and track record in business partnering with operators
- Spanish or French considered an asset
- International experience considered an asset.
VISA REQUIREMENTS: Must already be legally entitled to work in Canada to be considered for the position.
Apply on company website