Fairmont Gold Lounge Attendant (Seasonal)
Fairmont Gold is a special place! The personalized service provided as you greet your Guests at check- in or serve them in the private lounge, will show them that you truly care. The luxury our Guests experience and the memories you make as a Fairmont Gold Attendant will create a sense of loyalty that will ensure their return.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. Indulge in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views complete with warm and welcoming service. Guests can enjoy simple, fresh, local and handcrafted artisan food in ARC, then visit our celebrated rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where we source our fresh herbs and honey from.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Fairmont Gold Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide and maintain outstanding guest service in a unique, guest focused environment
- Ensure that all Fairmont Gold Standards of Service & Operational Procedures are adhered to
- Monitor maintenance of the physical Fairmont Gold product
- Prepare, set up and maintain the Fairmont Gold food offerings each day
- Preparation and set up of the Fairmont Gold honour bar
- Organizing, cleaning, and maintaining the Fairmont Gold pantry
- Ordering food and beverage inventory
- Controls inventory of Food & Beverage supplies
- Work closely with the Kitchen and In Room Dining to ensure the highest level of food quality and selection is maintained
- Active role in selecting new menu items and keeping the canapés, breakfast, and warming amenities current
- Arriving guestroom warming according to Fairmont Gold standards
- Provide exceptional information to our guests about Vancouver area attractions, restaurants, theatres, special events and other available services
- Develop and maintain strong guest relationships to ensure Fairmont Gold loyalty
- Strong and effective communication with all other departments to ensure that the expectations of our Fairmont Gold guests are consistently met and exceeded
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our colleagues throughout Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, as well as our hospitality partners in Vancouver and throughout the world
- Involved in all Fairmont Gold team building events, staff meetings and incentive programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Fairmont Gold Manager
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts (this position is based on seasonality and business levels, ranging from 2 to 5 shifts per week.
- Must be available Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must posses excellent guest service and team skills.
- Must have the ability to work in an unsupervised environment while maintaining the standards of the Fairmont Gold product.
- Previous food handling and guest service experience is required.
- Completed Food Safe Certificate.
- Completed Serving it Right Certificate.
- Must speak English fluently; a second language is a definite asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Vancouver restaurants, attractions, and services is a definite asset.
- Post secondary education and/or related studies an asset.
- Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website