Hairstylist - Full Time Permanent (February Start Date)
Are you a creativeperson with a passion for the hairstyling and beauty industry?
Do you crave an active,outdoor life right at your door step? Are you a hairstylist who would like tomeet and work with people from all over the world and be paid to make yourclients look and feel like a million dollars? When the hardest part of yourday is looking out the window at the spectacular Canadian Rockies, why not joinour Hairstylist team at the Willow Stream Spa. We guarantee it will be anexperience of a life time in Canada's most famous castle, Fairmont BanffSprings!
Rate of pay: $15 per hour + 33% commission on services, 10% commission on productsales, plus gratuities
What isin it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Banff Springs and over 5,000 properties with Accor
- No service charges for styling station, back bar product
- Complimentary spa access, fitness / aquatic membership and discounted services and products
- Complimentary advertising to hotel staff to build clientele
- Annual vacation days provided in addition to 12 statutory paid holidays
Whatyou will be doing:
- Perform bridal and special event updos and styles
- Perform ladies, men's and children's hair cuts, and wash and style including current trends in highlights, permanent/semi-permanent colour services
- Make product recommendations and participate in incentives and retail goal setting
- Provide make-up applications
- Assist in inventory and ordering of supplies and participate in on-going in-house and out-of-house training opportunities in our product lines
- Maintain a professional environment in the salon, cleaning/stocking
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skillsinclude:
- Minimum of 2 years hair dressing / styling experience required
- Related Hair Stylist certification
- Red Seal or Hairstyling license
- Make up training / experience
- Must be able to lift and carry 20+lbs and be able to be on your feet for 8 hours or more
Yourteam and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Thehotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences. To connect with us, please visit https://www.accorhotels.jobs/home.aspx
APPLY TODAY: For more information on working and living in Banff, please visit www.banffspringsjobs.com.
Apply on company website