Health Club Attendant, Seasonal
Fostering the health and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and Colleagues is an integral part of our Fairmont Waterfront culture. As a Health Club Attendant, your warm service and knowledge of all our facility has to offer will support our guests and members in their commitment to healthy living.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Waterfront provides relaxed luxury on the West Coast coupled with a world-class Vancouver experience. Indulge in an urban retreat with elegant accommodation, state-of-the-art meeting facilities and breathtaking harbour views complete with warm and welcoming service. Guests can enjoy simple, fresh, local and handcrafted artisan food in ARC, then visit our celebrated rooftop garden and honeybee apiary to discover where we source our fresh herbs and honey from.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Welcome guests to the Health Club and ensure they have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Maintain the weight and cardiovascular fitness areas ensuring equipment is clean, functioning properly and used according to the guidelines of the facility
- Maintain the cleanliness and smooth operation of all areas in and around the Health Club, including adjacent patios, pool, whirlpool, steam rooms, and exercise equipment
- Ensure guests members are aware of all programs and activities available
- Instruct guests in use of equipment and provide basic fitness information
- Maintain attendance records and ensure all guests have registered in the facility
- Maintain inventory of all supplies
- Assisting Pool Servers with the taking of food and beverage orders and clearing of tables
- Assist in promoting the facility and organize special events as required
- Ensure the Health Club area is clean and well maintained
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a Health Club preferred
- CPR and First Aid certification an asset
- Serving it Right Certification required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Able to work a variety of days and shifts, including weekends
- Post secondary education in Hotel Management an asset
- Experience in pool maintenance an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent walking and standing throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website