Housekeeping ManagerCreating an engaging work environment for Colleagues of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is as important as turning moments into memories for our guests. Your leadership skills and the values you model as Housekeeping Manager will inspire your team – not only to ensure an exceptional in-room owner & guest experience, but also to grow their careers with Fairmont.
Hotel Overview: The cornerstone of Ghirardelli Square, Ghirardelli's illustrious chocolate factory, has been reinvented as Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square. Our residential-style, all-suite luxury boutique hotel allows guests to experience one of the city's most precious jewels in a new and intimate way. Offering one, two and three bedroom luxury vacation rentals in San Francisco - complete with gourmet kitchen, living room with fireplace and dining area - Fairmont Heritage Place, Ghirardelli Square affords all the comforts of home with the world class service of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts that today's discerning travelers have come to expect.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Rooms, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operation of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Address guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper departments as required
- Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
- Manage the departmental budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Oversee the recruitment and training of all Housekeeping Colleagues
- Collaborate with Director, Rooms to ensure that our Housekeeping colleagues have all of the resources required to perform their responsibilities
- Conduct linen inventory checks to assist with managing proper controls with purchasing and acquisitions in department
- Conduct regular inspections and Standards Audits of storage areas, guestrooms and public spaces
- Plan and execute the Deep Cleaning/Preventative Maintenance Program and other special projects with Engineering
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Housekeeping leadership experience required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website