National Sales Manager
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Managers role at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
The National Sales Manager prospects and sells to individual accounts on behalf of the hotel in accordance with the objectives established in the revenue budget. The Manager will ensure that sales activities, top accounts and bookings are focused to yield maximum revenue per available room.
- Responsible for driving group business through direct sales efforts, telephone solicitation and prospecting.
- Develop accounts (new and existing) by mapping specific business and buying tendencies. Include group profile for each meeting; maintain organized and professional plan for correspondence and follow up.
- Perform daily telephone solicitations to new and existing accounts/customers in defined geographic region.
- Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers while informing of all hotel/resort services available. Entertainment of customers on property, during site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when appropriate.
- Negotiate contract specifics to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying customer needs.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations and local community events to develop and maintain business.
- Attend tradeshows, familiarization trips, and make presentations to potential customers.
- Maintain efficient and detailed notes in Delphi.
- Assist in creating and implementing direct mail campaigns.
- Work closely with conference services and catering through execution of definite program; keep all parties fully informed of all problems or unusual matter so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Achieve quarterly and annual room night and revenue goals.
- Minimum (4) year college/university degree.
- Minimum 4-6 years of related experience group sales experience with a luxury hotel/resort.
- Must have solid selling and interpersonal skills and demonstrate the energy and commitment to meet and exceed personal goals.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite Programs, Delphi knowledge preferred.
- Responsible for taking independent action, developing strategies, and making quick decisions in a proactive and competent manner.
- Strong management, organizational, and presentation skills required.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in the US
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply on company website