The painter is responsible for the repair, maintenance, upkeep and replacement of the property's cosmetic materials (interior/exterior painting, patching of woodwork and furniture refinishing), in accordance with hotel standards, and in compliance with the city/state/federal inspection codes (i.e. health and sanitation, fire/life safety, etc.). Participate in the preventive maintenance program of all-building equipment, guestrooms, meeting rooms, ballrooms, and all areas of the hotel (i.e. laundry/valet, kitchens, stewarding, restaurants, outlets, fitness center, pool, carriage entrance, etc.). Will also assist in other areas of Engineering as assigned.
Hotel Overview: The Fairmont Dallas, located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas, offers 545 elegant guestrooms and suites, with over 73,000 square feet of banqueting and meeting space. For over fifty years, the Fairmont Dallas has been the setting for countless civic, social, cultural, convention and corporate events, but more importantly the setting for thousands of memories.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Some basic working knowledge of different types of paints and their applications.
- Some basic knowledge of all tools and equipment respective to job functions.
- Ability to interpret manufacturer's literature for installation, preparation, use and upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property.
- Some knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal.
- Ability to understand job related English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Previous experience is an asset
- High school graduate or equivalent vocational training.
- Certification or completion of seminars for specialized training.
- Ability to perform basic carpentry skills.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift.
- Exert physical effort in transporting miscellaneous items (i.e. motors, tools, equipment, materials, etc.) (50-150 pounds) throughout all areas of the hotels.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
- Reach 1-2 feet, predominately over the head.
- Remain in stationary position for 30 minutes - 2 hours throughout work shift.
- Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
Visa Requirements: Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website