Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team's commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As Pantry, the care you devote to all aspects of cold food preparation will result in the creation of truly spectacular fare.
Hotel Overview: A fixture in the heart of Silicon Valley since 1987, The Fairmont San Jose delivers an irresistible blend of innovation and elegance. With the meteoric growth of the computer industry, Silicon Valley has become one of the world's busiest hubs, and the capital of this high-tech mecca is San Jose. The Fairmont San Jose hotel combines technological innovation with timeless elegance.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
• Prepare salds and other cold items
• Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
• Assist lead cooks with proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
• Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
• Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
• Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in the Culinary field required
• DiplomaCertification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicant must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont San Jose is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply on company website