Immaculate public areas, attractive grounds and efficient operational systems combine to make Fairmont Hotels & Resorts places of unrivalled presence. Apply your exceptional standards as our Plumber, where you will implement preventative maintenance and resource management programs in support of a safe and welcoming hotel for all Colleagues, guests and visitors
Hotel Overview: Centrally located in downtown Calgary, The Fairmont Palliser is the city's premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Maintain and inspects joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, valves, and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions, and repairs or replaces when necessary
- Tocomplete work that has been delegated to him by Engineering Manager
- To assist on small projects and renovations throughout the hotel and property
- To follow up on maintenance requests as assigned by the Engineering Office
- Experience with pool maintenance is an asset
- To maintain good relations with fellow co-workers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform work on heating systems- hot water and steam
- Ability to troubleshot and solve problems related but not limited to HVAC systems, kitchen equipment and general plumbing
- Respond to emergency calls relating to disruption of hotel maintenance operations
- Maintain a safe work environment and adhere to all Health & Safety Regulations
- Actively participate in sound environmental practices.
- Must exemplify a high degree of standards in accordance with hotel and department policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to fulfil the scope and general purpose of the job
- Journeyman certification Alberta and/or Inter-provincial Red Seal
- Water plant operation experience is an asset
- Experience with kitchen equipment repairs an asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting up to 50lbs
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website