At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our retail outlets reflect the luxury of our hotels and the authenticity of our destinations. We invite you to showcase your passion for engaging service as a Retail Associate, where your warmth and knowledge of our offerings will assist guests in re-creating our exceptional hotel experience in their own homes.
When you're ready to escape to endless Pacific sunshine, world-class accommodations and impeccable service, look no further than San Diego's premier resort: Fairmont Grand Del Mar. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or slipping away for the weekend, start planning your Grand Moment with our specials and packages.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Retail Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform money transactions accurately.
- Use proper phone etiquette. Assist the guests' in all phases of the operation.
- Assume responsibility of operation when Supervisor and Manager are not present.
- At all times ensuring hotel's standards of service are met.
- Be able to assist guests by maintaining complete knowledge of scheduled daily activities and in-house groups, daily house count, hotel extension numbers, beeper number/radios carried by hotel personnel, hours of operation of each outlet, features and services provided by the resort.
- All customers will be greeted and given a warm farewell.
- Complete knowledge of all products available in the Sanctuary Gourmet and Signature Store.
- Up sell or suggest additional products or items to guest, which will impact outlet revenue.
- Complete knowledge of operation and maintenance of all equipment, which includes Point of Sale System, Espresso and Coffee makers and grinder.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized work area.
- Responsible for cash register.
- Operate as a team player giving respect to coworkers as well as supervisor and manager.
- Maintain and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Deliver service in a consistent, personalized and gracious manner.
- Follow and support the service commitment and core values.
- Must have ability to secure minimum levels of skills and abilities that would allow for a proficient job orientation based on specific tasks and methods. This is to provide a safe working environment according to OSHA regulations that would protect both the employee and coworkers.
- Must have ability to work with others to create attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with minimum supervision.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Computer training.
- Ability to use Point of Sale System.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Stands during entire shift.
- Reaches, bends and stoops frequently.
- Restocks displays with merchandise.
- Verbally communicates with guests and phone.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in U.S.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Apply on company website