Location: Austin, TX
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Hospitality, Travel, Leisure
Rules & Regs Bar Assistant ManagerRules & Regs is an indoor/outdoor bar located on the rooftop of the 7th floor of Fairmont Austin, with panoramic views of Lady Bird Lake and the Austin skyline. This refreshing respite is open 7 days a week, offering light fare throughout the day, accompanied by a signature list of unique cocktails hand-crafted by friendly mixologists. Rules & Regs is a haven for those looking for serious relaxation, or a seriously good drink. An unapologetically bold attitude makes this casual-cool bar the “it spot” of the hotel, drawing a hip crowd of local and visiting young professionals who like to make and break their own rules. From day to night, Rules & Regs is the ideal place to socialize, lounge and experience hosted events from pop-ups to live music.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Austin offers 1,048 guestrooms and suites, along with 140,000 square feet of meeting and event space. This is your opportunity to be part of the largest luxury hotel in one of the fastest growing markets in the US.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Rules & Regs Bar General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead the day to day operation of the department ensuring all service standards are followed
- Produce and implement creative promotional programs within this outlet with the goal of increasing revenues
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings
- Ensure the department achieves its financial and operational targets
- Adhere to the annual budget and administer it in a fiscally responsible manner
- Monitor food, beverage, labour and operating expenses throughout the department
- Monitor all guest service standards, constantly seeking ways to improve product and service as well as increase volumes and profits
- Select, train and develop Colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and career growth
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous Food & Beverage experience in a leadership role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Apply on company website